Discone Antenna Threatened!
The ship’s original discone antenna (see red box above), the primary antenna we use for HF communication, was recently found to be in need of substantial repairs. Work was done by Missouri staff and volunteer labor to reduce costs, but in addition we have agreed to spearhead a fundraising campaign to raise $45,000 over the next several months for necessary supplies and professional assistance. Contributions are welcome in any amount, and are fully tax-deductible. Details are at www.ussmissouri.org/kh6bb
The radio room on the USS Missouri Battleship is now being operated by the Battleship Missouri Amateur Radio Club.
- Check the Events Calendar for an operations schedule. Click on underlined text for more information.
- If you are a licensed ham and would like to help operate the station, see here for details.
- If you were ever involved with radio operations as a crew memberon the Battleship Missouri contact us. We would like to document your experiences. Email us at:
- For an aerial view of Pearl Harbor and the ship, go here.
- QSLInfo: KH6BB QSLs 100% on receipt of a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE). The QSL is a standard 3.5 x 5.5 inch card so oversize envelopes are not needed. Mailing address is: Battleship Missouri Amateur Radio Club 98-1547 Akaaka St Aiea HI 96701-3051 USA.
- The USS Missouri, BB-63, was the world's last and most famous battleship, it is moored on Pearl Harbor's historic Battleship Row. Today the Missouri is open to the public and serves as a reminder of America's proud legacy of strength, honor, sacrifice, and freedom. The official site of the "MIGHTY MO" can be found at www.ussmissouri.com